editor

8335 Posts
The state government starts Duare Tran camps to provide financial help

The state government starts Duare Tran camps to provide financial help

The state government started its Duare Tran camps to provide financial help to people affected by Cyclone Yaas. The government will receive applications from June 3 to 18, field enquiries will be done over the next 12 days and then the beneficiaries, depending on the extent of damage, will receive benefits from July 1 to 8. Taking lessons from alleged malpractices in relief distribution that had snowballed into a major political controversy in the aftermath of Amphan last year, this time the government has taken several precautions to ensure that Yaas relief reaches actual beneficiaries in three coastal districts of…
Read More
SC directs CBSE, CISCE to place on record objective criteria for assessment of Class 12 students.

SC directs CBSE, CISCE to place on record objective criteria for assessment of Class 12 students.

The Supreme Court on Thursday said it was happy to note that the government has cancelled the class 12 board exams, and directed the CBSE and CICSE to place on record well-defined objective criteria for assessment of students in two weeks. A bench of Justices A M Khanwilkar and Dinesh Maheshwari asked Attorney General K K Venugopal and advocate J K Das, appearing for the CISCE, to place on record the parameters within two weeks. We are happy to note that the government has taken the decision to cancel class 12 board exams but we want that the objective criteria…
Read More
Rs 20K cr. Covid package for Kerala.

Rs 20K cr. Covid package for Kerala.

Kerala Finance Minister K.N. Balagopal on Friday announced a Rs 20,000-crore-Covid package for the state that has seen nearly 26 lakh cases and over 9,200 deaths so far. He said vaccines to all above 18 years would be given free and for that Rs 1,000 crore have been set aside in the package. In his first budget speech, the 57-year-old Balagopal also said: “It would include Rs 2,800 crore for emergency Covid situation; Rs 8,900 crore for those who have had serious issues with their livelihoods; Rs 8,300 crore will be used for providing interest subsidies.”
Read More
India lodges 1.32 lakh COVID-19 cases, 2713 deaths.

India lodges 1.32 lakh COVID-19 cases, 2713 deaths.

India on Friday 04/06/2021 reported 1,32,364 new COVID-19 cases as 2713 more patients succumbed to the coronavirus in the last 24 hours, Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry said. India’s overall tally of Covid-19 cases now stands at 2,85,74,350 with 16,35,993 active cases and 3,40,702 deaths. On May 25, India recorded less than 2 lakh cases of COVID-19, the first time since April 14.
Read More
India looks forward to WHO’s approval for Covaxin: Foreign Secretary

India looks forward to WHO’s approval for Covaxin: Foreign Secretary

India is looking forward to the WHO’s approval for its indigenous Covid-19 vaccine manufactured by Bharat Biotech and is in talks with major vaccine manufacturers like Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, and Moderna about sourcing and possible local manufacture of their jabs in India, Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla said today. Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech has applied to the WTO for the Emergency Use Listing (EUL) of its vaccine candidate Covaxin. However, the WHO has sought “more information” from Bharat Biotech on its EUL application. Addressing the WHO’s “South-East Asia Regional Health Partners’ Forum on Covid-19”, Shringla also stated that India was…
Read More
HDFC warns customers against cryptocurrencies transactions

HDFC warns customers against cryptocurrencies transactions

Leading private lender HDFC Bank has started cautioning its customers against dealing in cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and others, according to emails sent by the bank. Reports suggest that these emails were sent to a specific group of customers, enquiring about the process of transaction or advice against such transactions, citing the 2018 circular issued by the RBI (DBR.No.BP.BC.104 /08.13.102/2017-18 dated 6 April 2018), which was later struck down by the Supreme Court. The circular, DBR.No.BP.BC.104 /08.13.102/2017-18 dated 6 April 2018, had advised banks to exercise due diligence by closely monitoring transactions carried out in the account regularly. Cryptocurrencies…
Read More
PRABHA KHAITAN FOUNDATION TO LAUNCH THE WRITE CIRCLE INITIATIVE IN GUWAHATI WITH KABIR BEDI

PRABHA KHAITAN FOUNDATION TO LAUNCH THE WRITE CIRCLE INITIATIVE IN GUWAHATI WITH KABIR BEDI

Prabha Khaitan Foundation is going the organize The Write Circle Special with seasoned actor Kabir Bedi. Writers and Literati from across the historic city of Guwahati can look forward to being part of the event. Prabha Khaitan Foundation is a non-profit trust dedicated to all-round development of social, cultural, welfare, and humanitarian aspects of Indian society.The interactive session will take us on the life journey of the very versatile Kabir Bedi, through his autobiography titled ‘Stories I Must Tell: The Emotional Life of an Actor’. The session will bring together authors, conversationalists and literature enthusiasts to focus on rejoicing literature.…
Read More
CBSE Class 12 exams cancelled, student tweets farewell-day request to PM Modi. Viral story

CBSE Class 12 exams cancelled, student tweets farewell-day request to PM Modi. Viral story

After months of suspense, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 12 board exams were cancelled on Tuesday, leaving students jubilant. PM Narendra Modi took to Twitter to announce the decision. "Government of India has decided to cancel the Class XII CBSE Board Exams. After extensive consultations, we have taken a decision that is student-friendly, one that safeguards the health as well as future of our youth," his tweet read. Soon after the announcement, social media platforms were flooded with hilarious memes and jokes, and many lauded the Prime Minister's decision. However, one tweet took away the cake and…
Read More
Vinod Dua sedition case quashed, SC upholds protection for journalists under Kedar Nath verdict

Vinod Dua sedition case quashed, SC upholds protection for journalists under Kedar Nath verdict

The Supreme Court Thursday quashed the sedition case registered against senior journalist Vinod Dua in Himachal Pradesh. The verdict was pronounced by a bench led by Justice U.U. Lalit on Dua’s petition seeking quashing of the case registered against him in connection with a video uploaded to YouTube last year. In the video, Dua is criticising the Narendra Modi government’s handling of the Covid-19 lockdown. The bench said that every journalist is entitled to protection under the Kedar Nath Singh judgment that ruled “dissent is not sedition”. Delivered in 1962, the Kedar Nath judgment upheld the constitutional validity of sedition…
Read More